Q: Why does my car have rough idle and lack of power only on warm days?

Hi, my car has n very rough idle and lack of power, but only on warm days. Why is this not happening on cold days?

This problem may be caused by a coolant temperature sensor, idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, or O2 sensor that may be failing. Use a digital volt ohm meter (DVOM) to check resistance on all of the sensors. If a sensor has no resistance, it is a sign that it has failed. Check the harness plugs for any debris, moisture, oil, bent pins, or broken wires.

If you need further assistance, then seek out a certified technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, to check and replace the coolant temperature sensor, idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, or O2 sensor that is faulty.

• Why does my car have rough idle and lack of power only on warm days?