Q: Can a faulty repair of radiator and coolant flush with repair of housing lead to engine breakdown?

asked by on August 25, 2016

vehicle just serviced radiator flush and coolant. also replaced some hoses, clamps, and I believe housing unit about 1 week ago at cost of $700. Today car broke down, different mechanic told me water pump broke and coolant drained into the engine, this ruining the car. He said should be a valve to release coolant so this wouldn't happen. The car did not overheat while I was driving. Could this prior repair caused this to happen today?

It is tough to say that the prior repair did in fact cause this, although it is possible. If any of these components are not properly installed, this can cause coolant to get into the engine causing major damage. If you’d like a fresh pair of eyes on the issue, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the coolant leak and help you make the necessary repair.