Q: How hard is it to change a transmission range sensor on a 2005 Volkswagon Passat 1.8l Turbo

How hard is it to change a transmission range sensor on a 2005 voltswagon passat 1.8l turbo. It just died, still crank but wont start. It say it's either transmission range sensor or boost pressure sensor? And thought on what it is or what each entales!

Hello - I would re-check the problem codes first. A failed transmission range sensor usually will not turn the starter unless it determines the car is in Park or Neutral. the problem is likely something else. Check fuses to be sure something hasn’t blown. A failed crankshaft position sensor can fail in this fashion, and you won’t have spark at the plugs - and may not have an error message. For assistance, I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. How hard is it to change a transmission range sensor on a 2005 Volkswagon Passat 1.8l Turbo