Q: AC compressor is locked up

asked by on February 18, 2016

The AC compressor in my car is locked up.

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote
AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2949.86 Get a Quote

A locked up AC compressor on your Chevy Suburban will make your truck un-drivable. This is due to the fact that the serpentine belt runs all of the accessories, including the AC. This is a straightforward repair that requires a special machine that collects the refrigerant in the AC system so it can be properly serviced. A compressor can lock up two ways, the first would be a failure of the compressor clutch which can usually be repaired without having to remove the AC compressor. The second would be internal mechanical failure. If the AC compressor has failed internally. The AC system will likely need to be flushed and the receiver/dryer will also need to be replaced.

I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and inspect your AC system and determine if you will need an AC compressor replacement or any other repair to get your Suburbans AC blowing cold and get your car back on the road again.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr