Q: Grinding sounds during braking, burning smell

asked by on August 12, 2016

I have brake system issues on my car. I had the rotors, pads along with calipers replaced. However, the grinding sounds are still noticeable when I'm braking. Besides the noise, there is a smell similar to burnt feathers, after a longer drive on the highway. What could be wrong?

Brake System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2009 Ford Flex. The pad material used in the pad can be noisy and cause a light burning smell after use. This is normal and doesn’t require any fixing unless you change to a ceramic pad that it is available for your vehicle. If the problem persists or worsens, you may want to have the brake system inspected to ensure that this is not a sign of a more troubling problem.