Q: Grinding sounds during braking, burning smell

I have brake system issues on my car. I had the rotors, pads along with calipers replaced. However, the grinding sounds are still noticeable when I'm braking. Besides the noise, there is a smell similar to burnt feathers, after a longer drive on the highway. What could be wrong?

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2009 Ford Flex. The pad material used in the pad can be noisy and cause a light burning smell after use. This is normal and doesn’t require any fixing unless you change to a ceramic pad that it is available for your vehicle. If the problem persists or worsens, you may want to have the brake system inspected to ensure that this is not a sign of a more troubling problem.

3. Grinding sounds during braking, burning smell