Q: Will a transmission from a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan work in a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan?

Will a transmission from a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan work in 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan? Thank you in advance

The transmission from the 2005 model year "might" work in the 2006, but any transmissions from 2002 are definitely not going to be a catalog (drop in) interchange, probably due to differences in the electronic controls. That means if you were to physically install the 2002 version, it would not be recognized by your vehicles transmission control module. The best thing to do is utilize the data on the tag on the 2006 transmission. Transmissions with the same tag data are guaranteed to work in your 2006 Caravan. If you are looking for a transmission for your 2006 Caravan, go to Car-Part.com and you will find an exact match for your car (there are many listed). Transmission swaps on modern computer controlled vehicles must be exact matches because if you attempt to use a transmission that is not cataloged as a direct cross reference, you will find that the engine and transmission computers are not interchangeable. Consequently, even if you can get a "different" transmission to physically fit, it will not operate properly and the PCM will spit out error codes. If you are interested in a transmission replacement (OEM to OEM), YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Will a transmission from a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan work in a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan?