Q: Car revs fast and accelerates by itself

asked by on February 09, 2016

The car is revving very fast. It also accelerates by itself without the gas pedal pressed.

Cruise control is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The cruise control on this car has been recalled to fix a problem of accelerating when the cruise control is activated, and unable to control speed properly. If this is not be your problem, it could be something as simple as your carpet pad hitting the gas pedal, or something more serious. I recommend having your cruise control inspected by a reputable mechanic before you drive your car again.