Q: When do breaks and rotars have to be replaced???

When do break pads and rotars have to be replaced...it has 48 k miles and a dull soft rubbing sound i first heard today from rear breaks when breaking....thanks ...there is no shaking or uneven breaking...or squeling sounds....fyi...Walt

Hello Walt, thank you for writing in. To begin, know that the lifespan of the brakes, as well as most components on the vehicle, will vary depending on your driving habits. With that being said, they can last anywhere from 25,000-75,000 miles. Your brake pads may need to be replaced. You can inspect them to see how much media is left on the pads. Newer pads like yours are equipped with wear indicators that will make a loud squeaking sound when the pads hit a critically low point. The sound you are hearing may also just be a build up of dirt or brake dust. Try washing the brakes with water or a brake cleaner. Inspect the brake pads afterwards if you think they need to be replaced. For help with changing the pads, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.