Q: The axle is torn, how long can I drive it before getting it fixed?

Breaking down or crashing

Q: My front end is making a popping noise

This is a common sign of a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint...

Q: My car has an oil leak, my axle is hot, and there is shaking.

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The axle should not be very hot. The axle will have some heat transfer from the transmission, but not so hot to where you cannot touch it. Check the transmission oil level to...

Q: Replaced master cylinder and brakes still going to the floor and not working. Bed both master cylinders and each wheel.

If your vehicle has ABS brakes, it is possible that there is an air bubble in the ABS system. Many vehicles require a special bleeding procedure for vehicles with ABS. This will require you to do the bleeding in a...