Q: Can't get battery out of car

My car won't start. I am trying to replace the battery, but I can't get it out of the car.

Hello. The most common cause of this is a failing battery. It sounds like your battery may be bad so it should be load tested. There is also a common issue with the ignition switch failing. If you cannot get the vehicle open because of the dead battery, and do not have the mechanical key then you will need to have a locksmith get the vehicle open. Once the vehicle is open, then the battery can be replaced or charged. If you need some assistance, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to help replace your battery for you to get your car back on the road.

3. Can't get battery out of car