Q: My truck shakes when I accelerate

Okay so when ever I put my foot on the gas pedal every couple of seconds my truck will shake very quickly then stop for a couple of seconds then do it again, if I take my foot off the pedal it stops, I'm thinking something with the fuel pump but I'm not sure the truck it's self has 230,000 ish miles but the engine is from a 96 Tahoe sport that is still a 5.7 with around 1000 on the rebuild, thanks!!

This may be related to a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is dirty or faulty, this causes an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.

3. My truck shakes when I accelerate