Q: Check engine light flashing on 2000 ford taurus

asked by on October 16, 2017

Change spark plugs when I drove it I noticed the check engine light on flashing so I stopped re checked the spark plugs fix the gap bc they were way off and the check engine light is still on and flashing

If the Check Engine Light is flashing, it means that continuing to drive your car could cause damage to the catalyst. You probably have a misfire and it is likely something that happened while you were changing your spark plugs. Reading the codes will probably give you a P0300 and a P030X where X will be the number of the cylinder that is misfiring. Then you can isolate the source of the problem. Sometimes if I am unsure about the component that has failed, I will swap parts from one cylinder to the next and that way I can identify the faulty component by what the value of X changes to. If you want to have this taken care of for you, you can contact YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Taurus and let you know what it will take to fix it.