Q: Check engine light flashing on 2000 ford taurus

asked by on October 16, 2017

Change spark plugs when I drove it I noticed the check engine light on flashing so I stopped re checked the spark plugs fix the gap bc they were way off and the check engine light is still on and flashing

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If the Check Engine Light is flashing, it means that continuing to drive your car could cause damage to the catalyst. You probably have a misfire and it is likely something that happened while you were changing your spark plugs. Reading the codes will probably give you a P0300 and a P030X where X will be the number of the cylinder that is misfiring. Then you can isolate the source of the problem. Sometimes if I am unsure about the component that has failed, I will swap parts from one cylinder to the next and that way I can identify the faulty component by what the value of X changes to. If you want to have this taken care of for you, you can contact YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Taurus and let you know what it will take to fix it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr