Q: I just replaced the alternator and replaced it with the new one now when i start the car and i put it on drive it starts to shake

I just replaced the old alternator. On a 2002 ford escape with a new one now the car shakes every time i start it and put it on drive.

Hi there. When you start an engine and it rattles and vibrates as you’ve indicated after completing major service or replacement, it’s typically caused by a vacuum leak. This can happen if a vacuum line was removed (either accidentally or on purpose) or the air intake was removed and not correctly installed. You might want to double check all hoses and connections first and connect any lose lines if you can find them. If nothing is found or this issue is not resolved, have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a engine is vibrating inspection.

3. I just replaced the alternator and replaced it with the new one now when i start the car and i put it on drive it starts to shake