Q: Car sometimes dies when stopped

My car sometimes dies when I stop at a light, but then it start again. The warning lights come on when the car dies. It has around 54,000 miles.

A: An intermittently stalling car can make vu...

An intermittently stalling car can make vulnerable when on the road during stop and go traffic. It is best to have this concern with your Lincoln Town Car addressed sooner rather than later as I see this as a big safety concern. Since this is an older vehicle with low mileage, the issue is likely due to something simple, such as a dirty/sticky sensor. The first thing I would do to inspect this vehicle involves checking and cleaning both the throttle body and the idle air control motor (IAC). Depending on what is found during this inspection and cleaning, I would then determine how much deeper we need to get in regards to what is causing this stalling during stop lights. Since this issue requires an in depth, in person inspection, I highly recommend enlisting the help of a certified mechanic to diagnose your car’s stalling issue.