Q: How to seal an oil leak on a chevy 350?

asked by on June 04, 2017

I have a chevy 350 engine. On the passenger side below the spark plugs there is a hole. The hole is right above the starter and is angled towards the oil pan. I've tracked my oil leak to this hole. Can anyone explain to me what this hole is for and how to seal it?

This hole is specifically designed to be in that location and is for the oil pan dipstick. This is used to check the oil. I would suggest going to your local parts store and purchasing the correct dipstick for your motor. This should solve your oil leaking issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr