Q: Car shakes when accelerating

asked by on December 08, 2017

Car shakes when accelerating from a stop. Only started to happen after I went over a speed bump. It almost feels like when you’re about to stall the car

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

At 200 thousand miles it could be just about anything. You would have to hit a speed bump pretty hard to produce a result like that, but if your problem is related to the speed bump, it could be that you have a damaged lower control arm that allows the alignment to shift when you wind things up. I’m going to guess that you might just be experiencing a misfire though and that the two are just co-incidence. In either case, to have this checked out at your convenience contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your shaking Civic and let you know what is the solution.