Q: Brake rotors keep getting warped - 2010 Land Rover LR4

asked by on September 27, 2016

I drive the car mostly on the highway and usually at approximately 65 mph. The brake rotors on the car got warped so I had the brakes, rotors and brake pads replaced. I always apply the brakes easy and properly. However, after around 1,000 miles after the repair, the brake rotors got warped again. What is causing this?

Brake rotor warpage occurs when there is too much heat created during braking operations and then the heat is not dissipated quickly enough. Heat is generally removed from the brakes via ductwork directing air over the brakes, slots in the wheels, and the brake discs that are also vented. Many times, changes in wheels or driving habits will cause heat buildup in the braking system. If this is the case, you may want to consider rotors that are either drilled, slotted or both to help handle the heat demands on you braking system.