Q: can a leaking manifold gasket cause an P0430 error code

can a leaking manifold gasket cause an P0430 error code. the car is using coolant and has the error code P0430.

Hi there. Unfortunately, the P0430 OBD-II trouble code is not something that would cause excessive coolant usage. The P0430 code is set when the ECU detects below threshold performance from the catalytic converter. The ECU monitors the catalytic converter closely and when a the low performance threshold is detected the Check Engine Light will be displayed on the dashboard, You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a coolant leak inspection to determine why you are consuming so much coolant.

3. can a leaking manifold gasket cause an P0430 error code