Q: Why does my vehicle go into reduce engine power mode. 2008 Chevrolet Silverado

My check engine light come on. Clean exhaust filter. I did what it says in manual. Still comes on reduces my engine power. Diagnostics machine says MAF sensor. I changed it. Still the same. I also put a k&n air filter on it. Just replaced the stock one.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. I would need to know what code you are getting to know what needs to be done to take care of this. If you are getting a MAF code then the sensor may be failing, but that will not typically put you into reduced power mode. If you cleaned the filter in the exhaust then you may have a diesel exhaust fluid issue, which is very common on this vehicle. Most of the time it is caused by a bad sensor in the fluid tank. I would need to scan the computer for codes to see exactly what comes up. If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light is on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection