Q: Car not starting up sometimes - 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser

Okay so my car sometimes won't start, but it has power. i've had this car since July and i used to have this problem since then. but i recently changed the battery and it was alright for 2 weeks and now it still has trouble starting. when i start it the motor works and then dies. I usually try till it starts. sometimes i move it and it runs but when i come to a stop at a roundabout or a traffic light it shuts off. the battery is fine though i don't know what to change.

You have a faulty, possibly intermittent, fuel system and/or ignition system problem(s). Due to the age of the vehicle, you could indeed have a combination of problems. For example, fuel injectors will often get plugged given enough time and miles. You could have high resistance in plug wiring or worn out plugs. You could also have a bad cold start injector or injector time switch. Lastly, this could be fuel pump and/or fuel filter related. All these possibilities have to be tracked down systematically. A problem of this sort has to be dealt with in an orderly systematic way to get to the root cause. For more help, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to come to your home or office to diagnose the starting issue.