Q: Q: Oil change

How often do you recommend to get an oil change for 2008 BMW X5 6 cylinder with 87,000 miles on it?

Oil and filter change intervals are specified by vehicle manufacturers, not mechanics, in carefully considered and prepared "maintenance schedules". Mechanics do not have the necessary field test data, or laboratory data, to wisely specify oil change intervals other than what the vehicle manufacturers have already prepared based on manufacturer internal engineering and field testing. Of note, the oil/filter change service interval for your car, at 5,000 miles, is actually relatively conservative (i.e., short) compared to many other vehicle models, particularly if you use the relatively longer lived synthetic oils. To obtain an oil/filter change every 5,000 miles, as recommended by BMW, please simply request oil/filter change service and the responding certified mechanic will both perform that service for you and answer any other questions or concerns that you may have about vehicle maintenance.

3. Q: Oil change