Q: Transmission shift hard after high speed driving but shifts normal after engine is off for a while.

Hi, i recently noticed a problem with my automatic transmission on my 97 blazer. Usually only after high speed driving or driving for a while the truck seems to shift kind of hard going only into 2nd gear. But if i shut the truck off for like 5 or 10 minutes and drive again, the transmission shifts just fine. I had this problem before but it was corrected after i drained some trans fluid out but the problem has returned. Usually the check engine light comes on but it hasn't this time. The transmission fluid has never been replaced. Right now the fluid is slightly pink but is vert bubbly. I am hoping i dont need a transmission replacement. Any advice is well appreciated.

Hi there. Transmission fluid should be flushed every 50,000 miles to help avoid issues like you are experiencing. So, it’s probably a good idea to have your transmission fluid flushed and filter replaced, as the obstruction of debris or worn out fluid can cause the hard to shift issue you’re experiencing.

3. Transmission shift hard after high speed driving but shifts normal after engine is off for a while.