Q: I've been smelling this urine smell through the air vents 2010 Hyundai Elantra

I have a 2010 Hyundai Elantra and for about a week now I've been smelling this urine smell through the air vents mostly when I turn the air or heat on, what do I do to fix this and I'm a inexpensive way? Thanks

When you start to smell urine from an animal getting in the car then you should smell the area just below the drivers windshield on the passenger side to see if an animal is urinating on the top of the car when you are parked. CAts are the most common culprit in do ing this. You should us a mix of baking soda and water mixture to neutralize the smell by cleaning the affected area and rinse clean with fresh water all down the front of the window and into the cowl area in front of the windshield. Then wash the entire car with soap and water.

Hi there - your symptoms sound like you have a coolant leak from the heater core in your Elantra. Hot coolant can have an odd smell. I recommend a heater inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. I've been smelling this urine smell through the air vents 2010 Hyundai Elantra