Q: Car won't go over 35 mph without shaking severely.

I have a 2000 Toyota Corolla, it works smoothly on the streets, but I noticed when I get it on the freeway and I go over 35 mph it starts shaking. One time my mother was on her way to the freeway and the wheel went out of her control it just went to the left out of nowhere. What car parts do I need to buy to fix this problem?

My car has ? miles My car has an automatic transmission.

A: It sounds like you have a tire problem. A t...

It sounds like you have a tire problem. A tire can develop a flat spot and/or a pull at any given time. Cross rotate the front tires and test drive. If the vehicle pulls to the right, then the tire on the right front is faulty and needs to be replaced. If there is no change; move the tires to the rear and drive again. If the vibration moves to the rear, then both of those tires need to be replaced. If there is still no change, inspect for a sticking caliper or loose steering/suspension parts. Safely raise the front of the vehicle with the parking brake set and a wheel chock installed. Perform a visual inspection of the suspension components and wiggle the front wheels back and forth to see if there is excessive movement. Any excessive movement needs to be addressed to avert a safety concern. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and a safety issue. Your Mechanic has several technicians that can assist you with a car shakes inspection.