Q: I have to replace my IAC valve myself but don't know how to go about it.

I need to replace my IAC valve. I was on my way to the mechanic but the valve was already too clogged that now it won't start so I have to do it myself. I know I have to start by removing the throttle but I need to know a little more in detail about how I'll need to go about it and what kind of tools I'll need. Thank you in advance!

Hi there. You will need the basic hand tools to remove engine accessories to access the IAC (Idle Air Control) Valve. The valve is located on the throttle body and is held on with either Allen head screws or Torx head screws. There is a plug that you will have to remove before you take off the valve. To remove the part, you need to remove the throttle body from the engine. There are Allen head screws or Torx head screws that hold the throttle body on the engine along with the hose clamp to the intake hose. Be sure to clean the throttle body with throttle body cleaner when it is off. If you need further assistance with your IAC replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.