Q: Changing spark plugs in the back of the engine

I would change three spark plugs that are hidden in the back of the engine. What would be a good suggestion to try to get to them?

A: It all depends on the engine of course. A l...

It all depends on the engine of course. A lot of the Chrysler V6’s, a lot of Toyota V6’s--you’ve got to pull the intake manifold off and there is no other way. Since the plugs can’t come out, they hit the bottom of the intake manifold. You’ve got to pull the intake manifold off and look around.

I got a Nissan in the other day and I thought I had to put the intake manifold off, and it was going to be a pain, but I looked closely and there were big enough holes that I could pop the wires off and get on the other side. Then I could get the three back ones out. So of course, look around for that. If you want to have the spark plugs replaced for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic will be able to perform that service for you.