Q: Car powertrain light came on then car cut off and wnt come back on

asked by on March 20, 2017

Car powertrain light came on then the car went into limp mode. When i tried to put it in drive the car cut off. After a few tries my car wouldnt come back on

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing we need to do is scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes. When the check engine light illuminates it means to computer has detected a problem, and we can figure out what that problem is with the diagnostic code. If there is more than one diagnostic code, we will want to find out what they have in common. Most of the time and issue like this pertains to the transmission fluid, air, fuel, spark, or a sensor/electrical issue. After you have the codes, you can do further testing if needed, and take corrective action. For more help with this, contact our service department about scheduling.