Q: I have issues with my air suspension. I have been reading through the forum of the topic, and I believe it has to do with my compressor.

asked by on March 13, 2017

My air suspension.I believe it has to do with my compressor. Usually the pump kicks on and holds a solid red led as it inflates and rises my truck. Now, my bags have been completely deflated and the pump switch LED blinks. I'm not sure the repetition of the light/code right now. When I press the pump manually, it's very quiet. Not like normal. And I can hear air escaping from somewhere under the truck closer to the pump itself or maybe the rear driver side airbag. What can I do to get this pump working properly? Or is there anyway to bypass my pump and inflate my airbags another way?

The pump will become loud when it is under pressure and lifting a load. If the pump is quiet and you hear a hissing sound around where the pump is, either the pump is leaking or the main supply hose has a hole rubbed in it and is causing the pump to work but not pressurize the system. The computer will sensor the length of the pump duration and the level sensor will catch the height readings. If the pump is left on too long and the level does not move, the computer will shut off the pump to keep the battery full of a charge. You will need to repair the leak that is emitting then remove the fuse to the compressor and put it back in to reset the compressor. If the compressor does not reset, then you may need to remove the battery cables and put them back on to reset the computer. If you need further assistance with your air suspension not inflating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.