Q: My truck is doing a very loud thumping sound and wont go over 25

My truck was good yesterday and today i went to turn it on to hear a loud thumping sound from the engine and it wouldnt go over 25 mph. Could it be the catalytic converter? I was told it needed one but i doubt it would make like a loud deep thumping noise please help

In most cases a loud low thumping noise is an indication an engine main crankshaft bearing has gone bad or you are losing oil pressure in the engine. I recommend not driving the vehicle and contact a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and diagnose the noise to see if it is an internal engine noise or maybe another problem.

3. My truck is doing a very loud thumping sound and wont go over 25