Q: Check Engine Light on - 2007 Mazda CX-7

The check engine light is on. This remains on for couple of days and again without doing any rectification job the light automatically goes off. The light does not remain again for couple of days. Again it comes on. Usually the light goes off during starting the car. But the light always comes on when the car is running.

Hi there. When the Check Engine Light comes on, it will store a trouble/fault code in the engine control unit. It will remain on as long as the ECU continues to see the fault that turns it on. If it goes off by itself, then comes back on a few days later then you have an intermittent fault. The best way to find the cause while the Check Engine Light is on is to have a certified technician perform a diagnosis of any existing trouble codes that are being read with the light. That way, the fault present in the system can direct the mechanic towards the problem and the technician can find the root cause.

3. Check Engine Light on - 2007 Mazda CX-7