Q: 2012 Dodge Journey sxt windows don’t roll down from any door panel master panel on drivers door still locks and controls mirrors

asked by on October 13, 2017

I have a 2012 Dodge journey SXT front wheel drive All my window buttons have stopped working but I still have power to my locks and to my rear view mirrors anytime I press the buttons for my windows to go down I hear a clicking and or a humming I’ve looked for a fuse I cannot locate a fuse I located a silver circuit breaker underneath the passenger side dashboard but no fuse can somebody please help me

The windows are controlled by the window control modules and you will need to have the modules scanned to get the failure codes to see if a module failed or there is an electrical issue. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic with a scanner with capabilities to scan these modules check it for you. There is not much you can do without the scanner to check the system. You can try to disconnect the battery and wait ten minutes to have systems reset to see if they start working again. If you have any aftermarket device connected to diagnostic port you should remove it since these can cause problems in communication or different modules on vehicle.