Q: How do the door position lights work?

How do the door position lights work?

Your car is equipped with a number of interior lights that turn on either when you open a door or put the key into the ignition. The door position lights are set to come on when the door opens by default, but you can change this if you want. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Locate the door position switch on the ceiling. It’s between the two map lights and behind the sunglass holder.

2. Move the switch to off to turn the door position lights off completely. They will not come on at all unless you change the switch position.

3. Move the switch to on to turn them on (they’ll stay on until you turn the switch to off).

4. Move the switch back to door to have the lights come on when you open the door and turn off when you close the door.

Tips

Depending on the trim level, your switch may move up and down or left and right. All functionality is the same.

3. How do the door position lights work?