Q: My brake light stays on while driving. I drive a 2002 Ford Explore Sport Trac. Sometimes it just flashes. What wrong?

After a while after driving my truck the brake light will come and stay on. Then after a while go off. And at times just flash and go off.

If the brake warning light is staying on the dashboard monitor, then there is an issue with the brake hydraulic system. If the light is flashing, then the brake fluid is low and below the level sensor. Check the brake fluid in the master cylinder and see if its low or full. If the fluid is low, then conduct a brake inspection to find a leak. The typical leaks will be found on the calipers on the front and the wheel cylinder on the rear. If the fluid is full, then the sensor that registers the fluid level may have a loose electrical connection or the sensor has failed giving the computer a false reading. If you need further assistance with your brake warning light displaying, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My brake light stays on while driving. I drive a 2002 Ford Explore Sport Trac. Sometimes it just flashes. What wrong?