Q: What does it mean if the message center displays a warning saying “Blind spot system fault?”

What does it mean if the message center displays a warning saying “Blind spot system fault?”

If your car is equipped with a Blind Spot Information system (BLIS), which not all Ford Fusions do, it means that you have an additional aid in avoiding accidents. The system works to detect objects in your car’s blind spots, and alert you while you’re driving. However, if you notice a warning in the message center that says “Blind spot system fault,” it means that the computer has detected a problem with the blind spot system and it has been disabled. Have your car inspected as soon as you can, and drive carefully since the system will not provide warnings.

Tip

If you see a warning that says “Blind spot not available,” it means that the system has been deactivated. Drive carefully as it won’t warn you about objects or cars in your blind spots.

3. What does it mean if the message center displays a warning saying “Blind spot system fault?”