Wow,... I never expected to find a website service like t...

Wow,... I never expected to find a website service like this when I started researching this issue Mechanic's Assistant: Will the [headlights](/topics-headlight-ford/) turn on? Is the battery fully charged? Lol,... Pearly...

Wow,... I never expected to find a website service like this when I started researching this issue Mechanic's Assistant: Will the [headlights](/topics-headlight-ford/) turn on? Is the battery fully charged? Lol,... Pearly I don't believe your a real person Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 98 ford club wagon Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Club Wagon? 1998 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Club Wagon yourself? What have you tried so far? If you were a real person I'd tell you my story, but this is not going to work with a bot Mechanic's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? I'm taking care of this van for a relative because she can't drive it often enough to keep it running smoothly. I went to Chicago for 3 weeks for work one day, leaving a well running/driving vehicle parked on the street next to my apt complex; when I came back three weeks later, it had a severe shimmy in the drive.

Automotive Expert
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I am here to help answer your questions. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your vehicle. I will do my best to give you the answer you are looking for. Please allow me a few minutes in between our responses to review your information. I may ask several questions to get more details about your problem. While you are waiting for me to respond I am looking up the workshop manuals and wiring diagrams needed to answer your concerns. **The website will prompt a phone call automatically, not me. So please don't let this automatic service prompt annoy you. If you prefer to talk verses type then please use the phone call option.** Hello, it starts up normally and runs ok until you put it into drive, or it has an issue while driving at a certain speed?

either I start chatting with a real mechanic right now or it becomes obvious to me this is a scam and I get out
Automotive Expert
I am the mechanic.

I've already written a description of the problem... give me some information if you're real.I'm not an idiot so make it good lol
Automotive Expert
All you said was it sat for 3 weeks and it has a shimmy in drive. I need you to answer what I asked you, the bot asks general information. I can help but only if you tell me when it shimmys?????

No issues with starting or running... [engine](/topics-engine-ford/) is sound
Automotive Expert
Ok and it shimmys when you put it in gear at a stop or when does it have a problem? Like you are driving over a washboard road at highway speeds??

Cool ... Hey GeneSorry about thatObviously you ate real ����
Automotive Expert
No problem, lets get to it. Waiting on your answers.

AreThat's easy but I type better than I peck so let me do this on the computer
Automotive Expert
Waiting on you.

Well h\*\*\* yes I'll have to do it on this stupid phone. Ask away
Automotive Expert
Ok I have asked you a few times now WHEN does it shimmy. When you put it in gear at a stop or driving at highway speeds. Does it feel like you drive over a washboard road at highway speeds??

The steering wheel shakes when I drive especially at low speed55358;�This just started happening all of a sudden. I come back from Chicago and its shakingIt didn't before I left
Automotive Expert
Ok so it idles fine until until you put it in gear? It is a vibration from the steering or the engine feels like it is running rough? Is the check engine light on and is it blinking?

The engine runs perfectlyNo and no to engine lightIts an under carriage or tire issue
Automotive Expert
Ok so driving down the road the steering shakes, If its not an engine misfire and it has to do with moving, I would say yes a problem with a tire or [suspension](/topics-suspension-ford/) issue. Make sure the tire pressures are ok, a belt may have slipped in one of the tires or has a flat spot from sitting.

That's what I thought... I want to pay you for your time Gene... how can I do that?I should take it to a good tire or alignment shop?
Automotive Expert
That part is already handled. You can leave a positive rating using the 5 stars at the top of the post. Either one should do it. Most do both tires and alignments.

You've already been a big help... I'd be happy to send you 50 or somethingThanks man... you got itHave a good weekend
Automotive Expert
When you rate the question, it will let you leave a tip if you like. Thank you. I hope you find this information helpful. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

Thanks for sharing your experience and your time55357;�����
Automotive Expert
Glad to be of help. Have a nice evening.