Q: Alignment off on 2007 Dodge Caliber

I think my alignment is off. The front tires are showing worn thread.

A: Hi there! The primary cause of excessive ti...

Hi there! The primary cause of excessive tire tread wear is a faulty tie rod or ball joint. A worn ball joint or tie rod will produce excessive tire wear because it causes the alignment to become out of spec. To fully investigate the tire wear, I suggest checking the alignment as well as the front end suspension. YourMechanic will gladly provide a technician whom will thoroughly inspect your suspension if desired. The potential issues of the suspension must be addressed before the alignment can be properly done. After the suspension is addressed the tires must be replaced prior to an alignment. Excessively worn tires with outer edge wear will cause an alignment machine to misread alignment angles because of the angle change the edge wear creates.