Q: why is my windows fogging up and i smell antifreeze

i can turn on my heat and my front windsheld starts to fog up and i start to smell anitfreeze

It has been my experience that this is normally a sign that a heater core has gone bad. It starts leaking coolant into the heater box, underneath the dash. When the heater is turned on, the air moving through the box will collect the coolant and deposit it onto the windows, and thus is why you smell the coolant. Also, you will normally get coolant leaking into the passenger side floorboard, or you may see coolant under the vehicle, near where the drain tube exits underneath the firewall area. To verify the leak, it would be best to have a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com, perform a cooling system pressure test and confirm where the coolant is leaking.