Q: My car has a code P0342 replaced twice now won't start

asked by on September 05, 2017

Hi I just had a code read p0342 on my OBD so I replaced the cam sensor. It ran fine for a day or two and then the engine light came back on after being reset. Same code got a new part to make sure first one was not faulty. It ran fine again and now it won't start it only cranks. I checked the starter battery and alternator and all fine. I don't know what to do next. Any advice would be much appreciated. If I can't fix it myself I will shop it but want that as a last resort.

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $849.08 Get a Quote

You may need to check the wiring harness that runs to the camshaft position sensor as it may be faulty or have a poor connection resulting in the sensor not providing an accurate signal to the computer, which would cause the code to show up repeatedly. This can be time consuming and tedious when tracing bad wiring. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to our location to take a look at the vehicle.