Q: Rear end grinds when I first take off but then is perfectly fine.

I have a 2006 chyrsler 300 touring AWD. My car makes this grinding sound from the rear end when I first accelerate, when It does this I can't really go. It only happens when I fist start the car and take off. I've had it for a year and it hasn't been getting worse but it sounds unpleasant when this happens. I can stop and go and it will drive perfectly, but that first acceleration after starting the car is when it happens, for only a few seconds I can't go. sometimes it won't grind at all and it will drive good from the start. Any idea what this could be?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2006 Chrysler 300. This could be a variety of things that will require some inspection to determine. This could be what is known as a center support bearing which is a bearing that houses the drive shaft. If this bearing is bad, it could possibly make this kind of a grinding sound which would come from the rear of the car. Also, it could be potentially a rear end differential problem as well. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the grinding sound you hear and replace the center support bearing if necessary.