Q: Truck will move in reverse but when in drive it will move a couple of inches and then stop moving

My truck will shift into any gear prnd21 and will move in reverse but when I put it in drive... It will a little and then stop ... Is there anything I can do without replacing the transmission? P.s I have already replaced the transmission friction plates.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 1999 Ford F-150 to not move when placed in gear. When transmission issues occur the first step is to check the quality and level of the transmission fluid. If the transmission fluid level is okay other common faults are shift linkage failure, transmission range switch, low transmission fluid, transmission oil pump, or a torque converter. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car will not move in gear issues and make any repairs required to get your vehicle operating normally again.

3. Truck will move in reverse but when in drive it will move a couple of inches and then stop moving