Q: Fuel gauge needle in wrong place

The fuel gauge needle is on the other side of where it needs to be, of the bottom pin.

It sounds like the fuel gauge is stuck in the e position. There is a common fix for this problem. You need to get some rare earth metal magnets, made of neodymium, and place them near the fuel gauge, and that will free up the gauge. You can purchase the magnets at a hardware store, or at a northern tool store. You could also hire a mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come to you and diagnose the fuel gauge issue properly, replacing the assembly, if needed.