Q: Replace the front wheel bearings. Can I remove the bearing assembly without having to detach the lower ball joint?

asked by on February 27, 2017

I want to replace the front bearings and have researched how to do it. But some describe having to detach the lower ball joint to gain access to the bolts holding the bearing assembly but others just refer to the three bolts on the bearing assembly only and no mention of the ball joints. I figure this must be a year to year change, as I know the same bearing assembly fits many years of Sebrings from 1999 to 2006.

The wheel hub assembly can come off with taking off the three bolts that secure it to the knuckle on the vehicle. You do not need to remove the lower ball joint to remove the wheel hub assembly. If you need further assistance with your wheel bearing assembly replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.