My Porsche Cayenne is losing power when i drive. The car ...

Q: My Porsche Cayenne is losing power when i drive. The car vibrates then suddenly the Steering gets locked and I cant accelerate.

asked by on August 17, 2017

My Porsche Cayenne is losing power when i drive. The car vibrates then suddenly the Steering gets locked and I cant accelerate, then i have to turn it off to restart the car.

Hi Umarr. Thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com today. From what we can gather from your information, it’s apparent you have a rather serious safety issue going on with your Porsche. It’s possible that the root source is a damaged or faulty throttle controller. In some cases a damaged throttle controller will cause the engine to have issues with acceleration or cause a "stumbling" effect when the throttle is engaged by the driver. This can result in lack of performance and can be a safety concern if not inspected and repaired quickly. Not having full access to the throttle can lead to accidents and in the worst case, a stuck throttle. However, this would not explain the steering wheel locking. That - to be honest is the baffling part of this question. I think it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete an inspection to determine what is causing this problem.