2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7l has a rough idle when stopp...

Q: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7l has a rough idle when stopped. I can be at a stop sign, red light, or just parked with the engine ru

asked by on February 12, 2018

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7l has a rough idle when stopped. I can be at a stop sign, red light, or just parked with the engine running. The RPMs drop under 500, the Jeep shakes, and feels like it's going to stall/turn off. I have cleaned the throttle body, replaced the iac, and replaced the tps. I'm still having the problem, and I'm not sure what to check next.

You may have a bad spark plug or ignition coil and will need to have the computer tested for misfires. If you get misfire codes it will identify what cylinder is misfiring and will need to replace the plugs and may also need to replace the coil and plug boot.