Q: Car clicking when I try to start

My vehicle will not start. I only hear a clicking sound when I try to start it. The interior lights work, but they are very dim and weak.

Sounds like you might have low battery voltage. Car batteries are 12.6 volts. Once the voltage falls below 10.5, the car will not crank. As the voltage gets lower the lights will start to dim. If the battery is simple old and not holding a good charge anymore a situation similar to what you described will occur. A mechanic such as one from Your mechanic will be able to load test the battery and determine if the battery is weak or just low on charge. If it is just low on charge, additional diagnostic work may have to be done to determine what is draining the battery. In either case I suggest you seek professional assistance in determining why the car clicks when you try to start it.

3. Car clicking when I try to start