Q: 2004 Ford F150 crank no start, Happened 1 month ago and Yesterday , but it started today

asked by on March 07, 2017

2004 Ford F150 crank no start, happened 1 month ago, and the following morning it started right up . The same thing happened yesterday, and today it started. I'm wondering if my fuel pump is going bad?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There are several possible reasons for a vehicle to crank and not start. A bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, faulty injectors, bad ecu, failed ignition coil, or a malfunctioning sensor. It will first be necessary to figure out if there is a lack of spark, low/no fuel pressure, or a mechanical problem. Once you have figured out which of these is causing the issue, then you will need to figure out what component is causing the problem that is keeping the vehicle from starting. If this is something you feel you need a hand in diagnosing/repairing, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics available at YourMechanic.com.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr