Q: Od light flashing

Started my truck this morning and the overdrive light on the shift was flashing and my truck will not move. It will slightly move in first but the truck starts to bog down.

If your overdrive light is blinking (like a turn signal or hazard light), this indicates that there is a problem with your transmission. It could be the solenoid or possibly the speed or range sensors. There are many different issues that can cause the light to flash. When your transmission’s control unit detects a problem, it will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in the computer. To determine which component is causing the problem, I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle using a scanning tool to download these codes in order to narrow down what specifically may be causing this to happen.

3. Od light flashing