Q: The key to the car is stuck in the door lock. It won't unlock the car and it won't come out of the lock

The key to the car is stuck in the door lock. It won't unlock the car and it won't come out of the lock

Hi, thanks for writing in. This can happen when the tumblers inside the door-locking mechanism become damaged or broken. This can also happen when the key is broken off inside the lock or simply due to dirt or debris getting lodged inside the mechanism. When you insert the key into the lock, there are small tumblers that ride along the ridges of the key. If these are not perfectly aligned as the key is inserted and turned, this can cause the key to get lodged inside or jammed as you describe. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect your stuck door lock issue for you and make or suggest the necessary repairs.

• The key to the car is stuck in the door lock. It won't unlock the car and it won't come out of the lock