I got a 2012 ford explore it wont start it say no key det...

Q: I got a 2012 ford explore it wont start it say no key detected

asked by on November 14, 2017

I got a 2012 ford explore it wont start it say no key detected i got a regular key i dont got a push buttom start ..u think that a electrical problem

Many of the cars made in the last ten years have additional security built into the key. There is a tiny radio transmitter built into the fob end of the key and a ring around the keyhole acts as an antenna. The car communicates with the electronics in the key before the computer allows the engine to start. Most keys have a watch battery that can be changed when it goes dead. But if the battery has actually gone dead, there may be some re-programming that will need to be done. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your starting problem and advise you as to the fix.