Q: Car won't start in the morning, but it starts perfectly throughout the day. 2005 Ford Focus

asked by on October 23, 2016

Car won't start in a morning but starts perfectly through the day

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like your engine does not have fuel pressure held up to the injectors overnight. The fuel pressure is leaking down due to a bad fuel pump check valve, or the fuel pressure regulator is leaking down the pressure. Have the fuel pressure leak down and pressures checked and the failure isolated between the pump and the regulator. In some vehicles one of the injectors may leak duel pressure due to dirty seat, and cleaning injectors may fix the problem. If you need help performing a fuel pressure inspection, YourMechanic can send a trained technician to your location.